Butterflies make some appearances in the Yellow Mythos.
In the work of Robert W. ChambersEdit
Butterflies seem to have had some influence upon the Chambers' writing. His story The Purple Emperor is named for a species of butterfly and involves butterfly collectors. Casilda is also a genus of moth.
- The Purple Emperor has been added to the Yellow Mythos.
- The poem It is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the Living God compares the tattered robes of the King In Yellow to 'the wings / Of a broken and crucified butterfly'.
- Butterfly is the title of a short story by DJ Tyrer.
- Butterflies are used as a metaphor in the poem Elilithu.
- A butterfly and moth appear in the poem A Butterfly In Carcosa.