There are a number of films that are similar to the Carcosa Mythos in terms of themes or style, including :
- Various adaptations of The Phantom of the Opera, as well the musical sequel, Love Never Dies.
- Franklyn slips between London and the Carcosa-like Meanwhile City with a plot that raises questions about reality, perception and connections.
- Dark City is very similar to some depictions of Carcosa.
- The Matrix has certain similarities of theme, albeit taken in rather different directions.
- Hugo has a mysterious automaton and elements of the surreal.